Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Dive right in...
I know, I'm corny. Today was a full day in Beijing. We got up early to see men's diving semi-finals at Water Cube. It is really an exciting time to be in China as they are winning everything. I was quite impressed with the Chinese in the stands, actually. They cheered, rooted and clapped for everyone, even if they did poorly. Also, a mass cheer started and someone loudly said, "SHHHH!" It affects the divers' concentration. Hmm... perhaps there is hope yet. On the other hand, I was surprised to see and hear Europeans sitting around me yawning and chatting with one another. I don't even think their eyes shifted towards the event and they left early. They were pretty bored.
Tomorrow is the big day! I fly into Shanghai (oops, two hour flight, not one as I originally thought) and then a driver and apartment agent will meet me and take me directly to my new place!
Photos to come....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment